RobotStudio event

System failure!

Options

Hi,

I was just working with one of our robots and was creating a back up, while creating the backup the robot froze up, so I turned the robot off and then on again, at first it wouldn't load at all. I tried turning it off and then on again and it still wouldnt boot. I came back the next day and tried turning it on and it did boot, however it has the error "System Failure", I am not sure how to fix this. Do I need to create a new system and load that on to the robot? The only problem with that is for some reason it wouldn't download from my laptop image if anyone has an idea of what I could do, if there is any special boot I should try, It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,

dh_custompak2010-05-30 04:36:09
Dustin

Comments

• Anders S
    Options

Hi Dustin,

System Failure is a state that could depend on a lot of different errors. It could even be a hardware problem. The first thing you should do is to check the Event log for errors that can have caused the system failure.

If you not find any obvious reason for the problem in the log, you can try some of the advanced restarts. For example B-start (restart and restore system to latest faultless state). But you need a backup, because you will probably lose yor programs etc.

You will find the B-start under the Advanced button on the restart page on the flexpendant.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Hi,

Thank you Anders for the suggestion I will try this shortly, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

dh_custompak2010-05-30 04:36:21
    Dustin
  • Hi,

Anders, Thank you very much it worked perfectly!

Thanks once more,

dh_custompak2010-05-30 04:36:02
    Dustin
  • Hi,

What kind of robot family has B-Start function? Is it for IRC5 or...? Do IRB6600 M2000A Robots have this function? Thank you  

Only God Can Judge Me
  • The B-start is introduced with the IRC5 controller. It is independent of Robot type.

The B-start only actually does anything other than a normal warm start when the image from the previous shutdown was lost for some reason (event log error 20197). The image contains your loaded programs and configurations, your current execution context and motion path etc. The B-start restores the system to the latest faultless state, just as Anders says.

An alternative is to do an I-start and revert to factory settings.

The usability could admittedly be better, the error message is a bit too easy to miss.

Magnus Larsson
    ABB Robotics development engineer