RobotStudio event

Backup automating robots.

Hello everybody...

Could any of you guys help me...

I'm automating the backups of my robots.

Making use of a PLC select the 'Backup' system entry to perform the backup, where argument 1 and 3 are filled in so that the backup stays in the controller.
My question is...
Can I send the created backups to a server via the network instead of leaving them in the controller?
I would not like to install any tools, both on the controller and on the server. How can I do this? As?

Thanks.

Comments

• If you have the PC interface option you can install Robotstudio on your server and take backups using the Jobs function in RS.
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68 said:
    If you have the PC interface option you can install Robotstudio on your server and take backups using the Jobs function in RS.

Hi...Thanks for the feedback...

That was not my intention.
    On the robot I have the PC Interface installed, but I don't want to have to have another RS license to back up installed on the server.
    Today, clp already sets a system entry where the backup is already done in the robot.

The configuration is as follows...

SignalName - CLP_Backup
    Action - Backup
    Argument1 - SYSTEM:
    Argument3 - BACKUP/CLP

The backup is done correctly when the CLP sets 'CLP_Backup' and creates the backup in HOME\BACKUP\CLP ...

What I would like to know is if there is a path to use in Argument1 that maps an external address, eg. \\192.168.0.1\backup ..

I don't know if I made myself understood.
  • You would need option 614-1 NFS client, from the manual for this option:-
    Several robots can access the same computer over an Ethernet network.
    Once the NFS application protocol is configured, the remote computer can be
    accessed in the same way as the controller's internal hard disk.
  • You would need option 614-1 NFS client, from the manual for this option:-
    Several robots can access the same computer over an Ethernet network.
    Once the NFS application protocol is configured, the remote computer can be
    accessed in the same way as the controller's internal hard disk.
    Thanks ...

Actually that's what I was thinking, but I don't have the option installed.
    I'll see with my manager to evaluate the possibility of purchasing the option.

If there is no other way, we will have to assess the feasibility of the project.

Bons trabalhos.
  • If you put a usb stick in the RC you can adjust the path to store the backup there, at least it's not on the same Memory stick as the system Incase of failure. 
    No options needed.
    Systemintegrator - Web / C# / Rapid / Robotstudio

If I helped, please press Vote Up  :smile: