RobotStudio event

Problem with Adding a Linear Track

I am trying to add a linear track to my station. I followed the manual about "Setting up a track external axis".

The first step is to "Add the track to the system". When it is done, a restart controller is needed. I got an error shows that:

"The controller is in system failure state. A largfe number of malfunctions may cause this condition. Recommended actions:

(1) Determine twhat caused the stop by studying the event log.

(2) Remedy the fault.

(3) Restart the system"

Please help me to fix this issue.

"

Comments

• Hi,

I recommend that you use "Create System from Layout".

Open an empty station, import the robot and the track. Attach the robot to the track and start "Create System from Layout" (in the controller menu).

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Hi, Andres,

Thank you for your quick response. I tried to put one IRB6650-125-3.2 robot on a Irbt6003F_57_2004m track.

The error I got is: "Invalid mechunit to ebe used in coordinated motion".

Regards,

Alex

• You should import config file(*.cfg) for the track.
  • Unfortunately is the Irbt6003F_57_2004m track not yet supported in the "Create System From Layout" wizard.

But if you follow the help and first create a system as it's explained in the chapter "Creating a system with support for one robot and one track external axis" and after that add the cfg-file for the track as it's explained in the chapter "Setting up a track external axis", it should work.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Actually, I followed "Creating a system with support for one robot and one track external axis" before I made the first post here.

After I imported the cfg file and restarted the controller, I got the error which is shown in the first post of this thread. I was not asked to choose any compatible track, which is in the manual.  

I have to say that it worked once, but no repeatability.

Anders's method works, using the "Create System From Layout" wizard.

(1) Open an empty station;

(2) Import the robot and the track. (Some tracks may introduce the "invalid mechunit" error.)

(3)Attach the robot to the track;

(4)Start "Create System from Layout" (in the controller menu).

(5) Got a warning. It is said that, the robot is unknown and asked me to map it with the library manually. There are two options: one from library and the other from station.

(6) No matter which one I chose, I got  a second robot in the station. The track has the same problem.

(7)Then I deleted the original robot and track.

(8) It works finally.

Robot: IRB6650_125_320

Track:Irbt6003_compact-6400-6600_57_m2002

RS version: 5.08.2040.1009