RobotStudio event

Modifying Multimove System

Options
Hi All,

I have a multimove IRC5 with 2 IRB2600 robots here. Running RW 5.15.

The issue i'm having is that one of the robots is out of commission due to someone "borrowing" parts from it. So for now I am trying to get just the one working.

I have RobotStudio 2019.1 (64-bit), Version 7.0.8460.0151 with RW5.16 installed.

From what I've read in the manual and in various posts on here, I can create a new system from a backup in system builder and remove the second drive unit then download that to the robot controller. 

I've tried doing this, and everything in RS seemed to be successful but the old system is the only one left in the robot. I've tried downloading it through the boot menu, as well as the boot media option (onto a usb stick)

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be?

Do I need RW5.15 to make these mods?

Many thanks in advance
Paul

Comments

• lemster68
    Options
    Are you using system builder (required) or installation manager?  Also, is the system the ONLY thing on the usb stick?
    Lee Justice
  • SomeTekk
    Options
    I seldom have luck transferring RW 5.15 and above (RW 5.15, 16, 30) with a USB stick. I just use the Service/Management port for connecting my PC.

Hopefully you have the dual system saved AND a working backup.

Once you have everything in place it is suggested to C-Start the control from the pendant then use RS for downloading the updated system.

• Yeah I'm using system builder.

The boot file was the only thing on the USB.

I'll try the C start method tomorrow.

What's strange is that both the USB and system builder method both say the system was installed correctly, but there's no difference when the controller reboots. 
  • So, no further success today.

I tried booting from USB again and downloading the new system from RS.

Then I tried the C-start method, the old system is now deleted, however the new system still didn't install. 
    Tried via USB and RS several times over. I also tried a new system that was a direct copy of the old (essentially a backup but RW 5.16 instead of 5.15) - nothing worked.

So currently the controller has nothing in it.

Anymore ideas? Is there a definitive guide on how to do this, I've seen nothing in the manual with any detail, I don't want to discount an error on my part

• Finally managed to get this sorted - I found a post on another forum where someone was having the same issue.

I took the CF card out of the controller, and formatted it. I then took the CF card out of a working multimove system, with RW5.15 on and copied it using "imageUSB"

I then wrote that image to the empty CF card and put it back in the original controller. Obviously there were multiple errors due to drive keys not matching etc etc

I then tried installing the backup system I made previously using robotstudio via USB - and it worked! So the controller is now running RW5.16

I then loaded a modified system, with the second drive removed via USB without issue. I had to change a few parameters to clear some remaining errors but I'm now at a stage where only safety signals are preventing me from getting the motors on and moving the robot.

Hopefully this post helps someone in the future