RobotStudio event

IRB 1200

Options
2»

Comments

• mecoplast
    Options
    Ok, I decided to quit the project and throw the arm in a deep hole. I think ABB robot system is a disaster. With Kawasaky robots I've never had problems of this dimension. I've made something like 10 km only to press "authorize" on the flexpendant every time I need to access in write mode...
    Many thanks to all have helped me. Buy Kawasaky...
  • Tompanhuhu
    Options
    I usually put the robot in automatic mode when I need to restart and get write access multiple times  B)
    Systemintegrator - Web / C# / Rapid / Robotstudio

If I helped, please press Vote Up  :smile:
  • Newman
    Options
    mecoplast said:
    Good evening, I'm new in the forum, my name is Andrea calling from Italy. We have an IRB 1200 programmed via flexpendant making always the same movements, thus, we don't need any pc connected. Sometimes I need to change the value of a variable to adjust some eventual imperfections of the object to take. To do this, I have to turn the key in manual position, change the variable, turn again the key, engage motors, reset robot position etc etc. So, is there a simple way to send a command to change that variable without doing the above actions? Something like an UDP message or something like that.
    Many thanks in advance,

Andrea
    Hi Andrea
    To solve this in the easiest possible way I would make the operator press one of the physical buttons on the FP, e.g. button 4. This button is setup to set a "fake" digital output to 1. In your program loop (or background task if you have that option) I would check if the output signal is 1 and if so, start a menu like a simple UIMessageBox or UINumEntry. When operator is done changing the value, the output is set back to 0 in the rapid code.
    It's a solution from the 80's but it works :-)

To create a "fake" digital signal, just leave the device and device map field empty...

/David
    -----------------
    David
    Swedish freelance ABB robot programmer
  • mecoplast
    Options
    I usually put the robot in automatic mode when I need to restart and get write access multiple times  B)
    Tompanhuhu, many thanks for your trick, but just for discussion love, from the moment a programmer write a software like RobotStudio that is intended for REMOTE connection, he/she must think that "REMOTE" means "not so near to press a button by hands"! Don't you think? Why I can create an administrator user with write access without having that write access?
  • Tompanhuhu
    Options
    Well robots can be dangerous so checking local presence is a good thing if you ask me, but I agree it’s annoying. 
    Systemintegrator - Web / C# / Rapid / Robotstudio

If I helped, please press Vote Up  :smile:
  • mecoplast
    Options
    Right, but I'm talking about the develop phase with the controller in manual mode