RobotStudio event

EGM path correction speed, oscillations and precision

Options
Hello!
I'm working on externally guided motion using path correction with a distance sensor. I've got it working quite okay and I try to expose the path correction to a step response of 10 mm to see how fast it can correct the path. The speed of the correction is slow and even though the correction is slow the EGM controller seems to oscillate a bit. I've already had a look at the analog input signal to see if that could cause the oscillations, but the signal is reacting well to the step response and there is not too much noise. The speed of the movement is only v10 and this could affect the slow speed of the correction but I would think that some parameters could change the speed. In the EGM Position Guidance documentations it says that: speed = k*(pos_ref-pos)+ speed_ref. But I can't seem to find this kind of information on Path Correction. So what I understand is that the parameters in External Motion Interface Data does not change the performance when the Level is set to Path. Or am I mistaken? Can the values for ramp-time, bandwidth and gain affect the performance of the EGM Path Correction? 
I would appreciate any help on improving speed, precision and oscillations for the Path Corrections.
Thanks!
Tagged: