RobotStudio event

RobotStudio Communication with TIA Portal (DI/DO)

Options
MRR
MRR
edited April 2023 in RobotStudio

Dear sirs,

We are attempting to establish communication between RobotStudio and TIA Portal, either through PLCSimAdvanced or another software. Our primary objective is to share boolean variables bidirectionally during simulation, so that the Robotic Cell and PLC program run simultaneously on a personal computer.

We have found only one source of information thus far, which is this smart component: https://github.com/DenisFR/RSConnectDIOToSnap7

However, we have been unsuccessful in establishing a connection thus far. Could you please inform us of the possibilities available? If there are multiple options, we would appreciate knowing which approach would be the most effective.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Mario

Comments

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm the RSConnectDIOToSnap7 Developer.
    Can you tell me what is your configuration (if you run RS on same OS than PLCSim, if you use NetToPLCSim, etc.)
    And what parameters did you set.

Otherwise, ABB offer it's own SmartComponent SIMAC. But I never used it.

• MRR
    Options
    Dear DenisFR,

Thank you very much for your answer and sorry for my late reply. One of my students is working with RSConnectDIOToSnap7, but currently he is not available and I cannot provide detailed answers (I posted here his question since he was not able to register in the forum).

I have to test 
    RSConnectDIOToSnap7 by myself.

I have two questions: Could you please let me know where can I get SIMAC? I could not find it.

In addition, is the last version of 
    RSConnectDIOToSnap7 the one in your GitHub? If possible, please let me know the most up to date tutorial or useful information.

Best regards,

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello
    I misspell SIMITConnection it's on standard component in PLC group.
    GitHub have the last version of my component, I plan to rebuild (and retest) it but I don't know when.
    All are in the Readme File.