RobotStudio event

GoFa Lead-Through Mode

Options
Hi!

In GoFa it is possible to use Lead-Through Linear mode with axis locking, however it only works while activating it from the controller. Is it possible to activate lead-through linear mode from RAPID at all? If yes can I lock axis as well? For now I only know SetLeadThrough command which activates Axis 1-6 lead-through mode. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• revans
    revans
    Answer ✓
    Options
    From my testing, there is no way to effectively to get this to work inside of rapid. You might be able to get an external computer to emulate the teach pendant to get it to work, but that doesn't quite match what it sounds like you need.

I would recommend looking into the softmove commands and application manual. It does require that your robot have the softmove option. With it you can use the cssact command to make the robot compliant in some directions and limit it in others. This might work for what you need.

Best of luck.

Answers

• Xiveid
    Xiveid
    edited May 2023
    Options
    revans said:
    From my testing, there is no way to effectively to get this to work inside of rapid. You might be able to get an external computer to emulate the teach pendant to get it to work, but that doesn't quite match what it sounds like you need.

I would recommend looking into the softmove commands and application manual. It does require that your robot have the softmove option. With it you can use the cssact command to make the robot compliant in some directions and limit it in others. This might work for what you need.

Best of luck.
    Thank a lot. Got my hands on testing it and it worked as intended. For anyone who has same problem I used this 2 lines:

CSSAct CSS_XZ \StiffnessNonSoftDir:=100 \Stiffness:=0;
    //some actions
    CSSDeact;