RobotStudio event

Why the new Appearance in Robotstudio 2023.2!?

Options
The Appearance of all the buttons in the ribbon has changed in the 2023.2 update. 
I urge to the developers to enable some sort of classic button style option, to satisfy all of us that does not like changes. 

Especially now since the yearly license fee has nearly doubled, I do not expect the program to be less user friendly when it was before.        

Comments

• Newman
    Options
    Agree 100%
    -----------------
    David
    Swedish freelance ABB robot programmer
  • Neily03
    Neily03 ✭✭✭
    Options
    +1 it's been definitely been made less user friendly, at a glance all the buttons look the same. 

Seems like being 'trendy' has been put before functionality.
  • CobotGirl
    Options
    For me it is much harder to find the functionalities now. - Much less user friendly design.

Colors help so much to distinguish e.g. the parts, groups, locked parts looks so similar now...

Also something to considder....e.g. View Robot at Target...the total Icon size is 4mm on my PC....how many people can recognize the full picture of an eye with something else???
  • RPurje
    Options
    100% agreement here.  All large automakers insist on color enhanced visual management on interfaces. All I should have to look for to comment out lines of code is *blue* horizontal lines...
  • robotjoe01
    Options
    I prefer the old style as well. Maybe it is possible to implement a button to switch between the old and new style
  • daniel72
    Options
    prefer the old style as well. It's enough if my hair turns from black to gray - so I don't need a boring black/grey surface either

• Newman
    Options
    First open a rapid program in RS and then in notepad and you will see what a difference colors do.
    -----------------
    David
  • Martin_Greve
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Totally agreed, really wish they made a toggle function to the old style/colors.
    Martin Greve
    Denmark
  • An5elmi
    Options

The new style of buttons is really hard on the eyes. Bring back the old style in the next update or put an option to use it. Luckily I found a 2022 version on my computer and I'm using it now.
  • Newman
    Options
    Any updates on this topic?
    -----------------
    David
  • Luxrobotic
    Options
    Hi everybody,

I am also disappointed.

I was hoping there would be more reaction, I can't imagine that the whole user community is actually happy with this new design

Regards

Cornet Raymond
    Manager
    LUXROBOTIC programming Sàrl
    +352 621 354 570
    raymond.cornet@luxrobotic.com
    http://www.luxrobotic.com

PC HP ZBook 17 G3
    intel Core i7 6700HQ 2.59 GHz
    RAM 16GB
    HDD 1TB
    NVIDIA Quadro M1000M
  • Newman
    Options
    Hi everybody,

I am also disappointed.

I was hoping there would be more reaction, I can't imagine that the whole user community is actually happy with this new design

I know around 15-20 people that work with robotstudio on a daily basis and everyone I talk to hates the new look. That said, not a single one of them would ever take the time to write something about it on a forum like this. 
    -----------------
    David
  • lemster68
    Options
    I just have not yet used that version.
    Lee Justice
  • SchMi
    Options
    Maybe the removal of colours is the first step to a darkmode, because now it would be way more easy to switch colours and still have contrast.
    I would appreciate it if this as the case. But the way it is right now, i don't like it either.
  • Maxim Riabichev
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    First of all I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to provide the feedback on the new UI design of RobotStudio.
    I have been in touch with RobotStudio R&D regarding this topic and they have said the new design will stay, but it will be continuously improved based on the received feedback.
    I would like to urge you to send in constructive criticism via your local ABB, as that route has higher gravity than posting suggestions here on the user forums.
    This is perhaps not the response many of you have been looking for, but it is a response (please don't shoot the messenger) :)
    Post edited by Maxim Riabichev on

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • Browsem
    Options
    Just wanted to throw my 2c in here as well. The new interface lacks contrast between items, making it harder to work with.
    Getting new icons always stops work dead for a couple of days, but thats not a problem limited to RS.
    As always i suggest giving software UI designers a car where the pedals and stalk functions are regularly switched. Something like switching the brake/accelerator pedal once a year or so. 
  • RPurje
    Options

Hello everyone.

First of all I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to provide the feedback on the new UI design of RobotStudio.

I have been in touch with RobotStudio R&D regarding this topic and they have said the new design will stay, but it will be continously improved based on the received feedback.

I would like to urge you to send in constructive criticism via your local ABB, as that route has higher gravity than posting suggestions here on the user forums.

This is perhaps not the response many of you have been looking for, but it is a response (please don't shoot the messenger) :)

Did RobotStudio R&D offer any explanation or rationale for this decision, or was the answer just "no?"