RobotStudio event

Turning Collision detection off and on in a program step

Options
I am currently running an IRB 6640 with IRC5 controller.It is using a DSQC639 computer board and RW5.15. I would like to be able to turn off collision detection for one step and back on for safety. Which Computer board and version of RW do I need to upgrade to ?

Best Answers

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Do you have the Motion supervision and collision detection option?
    If so, just use the instructions MotionSup\On and MotionSup\Off.
    Lee Justice
  • fulmermike
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Looking at the options I do have the collision detection , world zones , soft move and Device net. Should i be able to see the Motion Supervision listed ? Thank you for your help.
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Absulutely.  Try to add the instruction via the pendant.  There should also be an optional argument for \On, which is a tunevalue for the sensitivity.  You might find it better than actually turning it completely off.
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think that a PP to Main resets it but it is just good practice to turn it back on when necessary.
    Lee Justice
  • fulmermike
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you again for your help.

Answers

• fulmermike
    Options
    Thank you for your input, so if I turn it off will it turn back on at the beginning of the next cycle or do I need to turn it back on ? I did locate it on the pendant 
  • SomeTekk
    Options
    From the RW 5.15 manual:

If motion supervision is active in system parameters it is then active by default during program execution (TuneValue 100%). These values are set automatically
    • at a cold start-up.
    • when a new program is loaded.
    • when starting program execution from the beginning. (My interpretation of this declaration is; a PP to Main (or Routine, or Cursor) must take place, not merely a return to the top of the call stack)