RobotStudio event

Work object Shifted!

Options
I run an IRB4600 with an IRC5 for Mig Welding.   I was running a part and I noticed all my Robtargets were off on the Y axis.  I jogged to my X1 and X and Z were zero, Y was off 25mm.  I checked my various other Work Objects.  Every single one had shifted 25mm on the Y axis.  Calibration marks line up on the Robot, on my track, and the positioner has not shifted.  Has anyone ever seen all work objects shifted in one direction unintentionally?  I talked to Lincoln and they said it may be a deep software issue.  They had never heard of this happening before.  

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Check the baseframe in your moc.cfg.
    Lee Justice
  • Corey
    Options
    This is the only reference to the base frame I could find in the moc.cfg.

-base_frame_pos_z 1.10032 -base_frame_coordinated "TRK_1" -base_mass 55.1\
  • Corey
    Options
    and this
    SINGLE:

-name "TRK_1" -use_single_type "TRK_1" -use_joint "TRK_1"\
          -base_frame_pos_z 1.10082 -base_frame_orient_u0 0.707107\
          -base_frame_orient_u3 0.707107 -use_single_jog "TRK_1
  • Corey
    Options
    Also, I tried to move my Wobj0 Y vector in a positive 25 mm to shift all my work objects back where they need to be for the parts to run smooth, and none of the work objects shifted.  When I programmed in Studio the parent frame is World, correct? When I defined my work object in the cell do I have to specify Wobj0 as the parent frame??
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, it seems that it does not show up in a backup.  Look in the pendant for the parameter.  There ought to be X,Y and Z components.
    Lee Justice
  • Corey
    Options
    Thank you Lemster.  I will check that out in the pendant.
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    👍
    Lee Justice
  • Newman
    Options
    Hi Corey.
    Regarding wobj0, as far as I know wobj0 is just a wobj that happens to be in ”world coordinate system” origin. Many of us ABB robot programmers (me included) keep referring to ”wobj0” but the correct reference is world coordinate system. 

Google ”ABB world coordinate system” and you will find images explaining this.

Moving world coordinate system takes a little backwards thinking. You edit MOC.cfg. E.g. your ”base_frame_pos_z 1.10082” means that your robot foot is 1100.82 mm above world coordinate system. If you change that value  to 2.10082, all your wobj will move 1 meter down.

That said, it feels strange that wcs suddenly has been moved. Idéa: Do you have any pdisp in your program? I have never used it myself but I know you can use it to offset robtargets and that it’s easy to mess up your program if you aren’t careful.

/David

-----------------
    David
    Swedish freelance ABB robot programmer
  • Corey
    Options
    Hello Newman.......

It has me stumped.  The shift is uniform across all work objects.  I recently updated to RS 2023.2.  That is the only thing I have changed recently.  Have you ever heard of a RS update affecting the actual controller? I have used the compare file in RS to compare files from backups as far back as six months ago.  I can not find any change in any Data.  It has me stumped.  I am currently just adjusting all my work objects 25mm on the Y axis.  It did not affect any of my service routines. Cut wire, torch clean, nozzle spray, TCP, SpotSense TCP.   I use PDispSet in the modules. 

• matti
    Options
    Hallo, did you compare your current moc.cfg with one from an old backup?
  • Corey
    Options
    I did.  They are exactly the same.
  • Newman
    Options
    I’m 99% sure RS update has nothing to do with this. 
    What about pDisp? How do you use it? I’ve never used it but it looks like all robtargets are effected if used.
    -----------------
    David
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It is possible to view the program displacement data.  Open datatypes window, view all, select progdisp, and then change scope to Built-In data.
    Lee Justice
  • Corey
    Options
    progdisp was all zero's. 
  • Corey
    Options
    If I apply a displacement to the progdisp does it affect all workobjects?  
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It will affect all programs until it is turned back off.
    Lee Justice
  • Corey
    Options
    OK.  
  • Corey
    Options
    I am moving all my workobjects 25mm on the Y axis.  There are workobjects the guy before me created where he flipped X and Y, so that they are perpendicular to the world frame.  How come I have to move Y to get it to move in the X direction in the actual cell?
  • Newman
    Options
    -----------------
    David
  • Corey
    Options
    I still don't understand why when I am in the module, jogging menu, the work object coordinate system, and I jog using the joystick in the direction of the displayed axis, I have to change the Y axis values to get it to move in the direction I want.  I have a Lincoln Powerlift positioner, 26 foot long, the axis I need to modify is parallel to the length of the positioner.  Sometimes in the work objects that were created by other dude he has X running parallel to the positioner.   That is the direction I need to shift the workobject.   But I have to modify Y to get it to move along X axis.  If I change X, it moves Z.   It makes me think something is screwed up somewhere.  Or is it always like that?
  • Newman
    Options
    Sounds weird. I always use RobotStudio when dealing with theses type of issues. Do you have a RobotStudio project (station) of the cell?
    -----------------
    David
  • Corey
    Options
    I do
  • Newman
    Options
    Ok. Then I would sync the workobjects to station (nothing else for easier visibility) and then move them by multi selecting all of them and then right click and ”offset”. Then sync back to rapid and copy paste new values to your real robot.
    -----------------
    David
  • Corey
    Options
    I didn't even know you could do that.  Thank  you.

Is it better to use the user frame for the coordinate system to program in Studio, then in the actual cell use the object frame to define and offset off of the user frame?
  • Newman
    Options
    Not sure exactly what you mean by "program in studio", but I don't use the object frame at all unless I have to.
    I keep it [[0,0,0],[1,0,0,0]]
    E.g. 
    CONST wobjdata wMachine:=[FALSE,TRUE,"",[[188.591,-1331.11,993.212],[0.928713,-0.00140822,-0.00661259,-0.370739]],[[0,0,0],[1,0,0,0]]];

-----------------
    David
  • Corey
    Options
    Ok. 

I import models from the engineers and program all my target using Studio.  Is it not called programming?
  • Corey
    Options
    I fixed the shift.  I just ran a modify bullseye with a new torch and it got rid of that issue.  How could my TCP get that far off.  Could someone have crashed the torch, and then updated TCP?