Motion data missing after RobotWare 7.10.0 update

Options
Xiveid
Xiveid
edited August 2023 in RobotStudio
After updating my Robotstudio and RobotWare to the latest versions (RobotWare - 7.10.0), "Motion data missing" error appeared. I suspect that it might be versions incompatibility (previous RobotWare version is 7.8...). Controller reset doesn't seem to work.
The system suggests to "Load new configuration files", however how can I do not have any config file that could be suitable for that (I tried to restore backup, in vain).
How can I get rid of that error?

P.S. I can't even return previous version back, because judging by Release notes updating to 7.10 version is point of no return.
Post edited by Xiveid on

Best Answer

Answers

• I had the same issue and I am glad I found this! Needs more clarity in the release notes...
  • nareupa
    Options
    Xiveid said:
    Okay, so in case somebody faced similar problem there is simple solution. Go to Configuration -> Motion -> Robot Serial Number and enter its serial number xxxxx(high part)-xxxxxx(low part). If there is no connection to the robot you can change MOC.CFG 

#
    ROBOT_SERIAL_NUMBER:

-name "rob_1" -robot_serial_number_high_part "xxxxx"\.
    -robot_serial_number_low_part xxxxxx

Thank you
  • ananittarhib
    Options
    Xiveid said:
    After updating my Robotstudio and RobotWare to the latest versions (RobotWare - 7.10.0), "Motion data missing" error appeared. I suspect that it might be versions incompatibility (previous RobotWare version is 7.8...). Controller reset doesn't seem to work.
    The system suggests to "Load new configuration files", however how can I do not have any config file that could be suitable for that (I tried to restore backup, in vain).
    How can I get rid of that error?

P.S. I can't even return previous version back, because judging by Release notes updating to 7.10 version is point of no return.
    Take the following actions to fix the "Motion data missing" problem that appears after upgrading RobotWare and RobotStudio to version 7.10.0:

1. Look for backup configuration files in storage or backup locations.
    2. In RobotStudio, create a new configuration file for the RobotWare 7.10.0 version.
    The updated configuration file should be loaded into your RobotStudio project.
    4. Check the "Motion data" and make any required modifications to confirm the setting.
    5. Install the most recent RobotWare 7.10.0-compatible firmware update on the robot controller. For advice, refer to the RobotWare handbook or get in touch with ABB support.
    6. For more help, get in touch with ABB support if the problem continues.

Recall that installing RobotWare on a new major version can need additional setup adjustments or compatibility tests.