RobotStudio event

Does ABB robot support continuous trajectory control?

Options
The robot I am currently using is ABB IRB-4600, and I want TCP to track 3D curves in the workspace.
I first subdivided the path into small straight lines with many points, and then tried commands such as MoveJ and MoveL. However, the point-to-point motion mode caused the robotic arm to start and stop continuously (reaching a target point, it would stop, and then start moving to the next target point, causing frequent start-stop, which would cause the robotic arm to experience acceleration, uniform speed, and deceleration in each small segment), which would cause the TCP speed to fluctuate.
How to solve this problem? Or how to ensure smooth and continuous speed and acceleration when using a robotic arm to track a trajectory?Does ABB robot support continuous trajectory control?

Answers

• lemster68
    Options
    Look at your zones (zonedata) used in your move instructions.  If they are using fine, the robot must reach that point exactly, causing the hesitation.  Use larger zones for smoother motion.  If you points are many and very close to each other, this can result in a jerky motion appearance.
    Lee Justice
  • jamesleezh
    Options
    lemster68 said:
    Look at your zones (zonedata) used in your move instructions.  If they are using fine, the robot must reach that point exactly, causing the hesitation.  Use larger zones for smoother motion.  If you points are many and very close to each other, this can result in a jerky motion appearance.
    In order to fit the actual 3D curve as closely as possible, the only method I can currently think of is to segment the path with as many points as possible, which will inevitably result in very close distances between points. Additionally, I set the zone to fine (because the distance between points is very small, it is almost impossible to increase the value of zonedata).
    And I tested the built-in 3D curve path segmentation effect of RobotStudio through its automatic path function. I monitored the running speed of TCP through a signal analyzer and found that even if TCP can continuously track the entire 3D curve path, it is difficult to ensure that TCP runs at a uniform speed.
  • lemster68
    Options
    The undesired effects that you have described are coming from the way it is programmed.  It is doing what you have told it to do.  A fine point is a stoppoint.  Study up on zonedata.  Also consider reading up on the motion characteristics.  MoveC's might be of some use to you.  Keep in mind that you can make your own zonedatas.  All the relevant manuals should be available under the help tab in robotstudio.
    Lee Justice