RobotStudio event

Robot studio freemium - Save a station

Options
Hello Everyone!

I've just installed robot studio "Freemium" and from the specs on the web (https://new.abb.com/products/robotics/robotstudio) I should be able to "Create and edit stations for real and virtual robots" but the save button is greyed out and cannot be used. 

Why it is like this? Am I forced to buy a license? It seems like a contradiction compared to the software specs.

Thank you for your help.

Answers

• mandolas
    Options
    Hi...

The 'free license' is for 30 days, and only 30, that is, once this type of license has been used on the PC, it will no longer accept another 'free license'.
    If this is not the case, and then 'it would be a contradiction', I advise you to contact the customer service center to check the reason, otherwise you will have to purchase a license.

Ps: well man by the way.
  • mandolas
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I've just installed robot studio "Freemium" and from the specs on the web (https://new.abb.com/products/robotics/robotstudio) I should be able to "Create and edit stations for real and virtual robots" but the save button is greyed out and cannot be used. 

Why it is like this? Am I forced to buy a license? It seems like a contradiction compared to the software specs.

Thank you for your help.
    How did you download this version?
  • Hello Mandolas,

thanks for your reply. ABB define "Freemium" an installation without any active license (see the link in my original post). With this you can operate on virtual and real controllers but you can't use some features described as "Premium" like the save button, simulation, VR ... .

But without any license you can anyway program and bakup an existing or a virtual controller. 

Being a new user I was not aware of this function and so I was a bit puzzled by seeing that the save button was not available.

• mandolas
    mandolas
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hello Mandolas,

thanks for your reply. ABB define "Freemium" an installation without any active license (see the link in my original post). With this you can operate on virtual and real controllers but you can't use some features described as "Premium" like the save button, simulation, VR ... .

But without any license you can anyway program and bakup an existing or a virtual controller. 

Being a new user I was not aware of this function and so I was a bit puzzled by seeing that the save button was not available.

Ok I understand, I thought it was a new type of license (more viable)...
    So, the basic functions can still be used after the free period, but to create object manipulation at a station, simulations, as well as other advantages, you must have a 'Premium' license, unfortunately it is quite expensive (depending on the country in which If you negotiate the value may be much higher).