RobotStudio event

No Program Pointer after Upgrading RobotStudio

Options
Hello, 

I am new to RobotStudio. I recently updated from RobotStudio 2022 to 2023.

I had a Virtual Controller setup previously based on a system backup. After updating, I no longer see the program. When I start the flex pendant, it says no program pointer. 

What am I missing? Why am I not seeing the program that I had before updating?

Best Answer

• mandolas
    mandolas
    Answer ✓
    Options
    kckku said:
    Hello, 

I ended up manually loading the module from the previous backup. The code all came back and I can see the program in RS 2023.

I just did a 'Check Program' and it's saying no errors.

Is it enough to load the module manually? Or are there other items that I might also not get by doing this?

The robot is still around. Maybe I can do a backup directly with RS 2023 and make sure I have everything? Then start a new Virtual Controller?
    Hi...

Maybe this will help with your problem.
    If it seems to have resolved after opening the application in RS and the station loads, I advise you to make a backup in RS and close the application and open it again to make sure it worked.
    This is because something may be lost if the correct RW is not installed and if this is the case, recover the backup (you will always have to do this procedure every time you exit the application or install the correct RW).

Answers

• mandolas
    mandolas
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi...

I had a similar problem for some time, in my case it was a problem with the RW version.
    The program called a method that had changed its call and thus the RS was unable to locate it.
    Try to open the program file (RS 2022) in a text editor and insert it into a module (RS 2023), and check if you find any errors.
    RS updates do not keep the old RW installed, and this causes compatibility problems.
  • kckku
    Options
    Hello, 

I ended up manually loading the module from the previous backup. The code all came back and I can see the program in RS 2023.

Is it enough to load the module manually? Or are there other items that I might also not get by doing this?

The robot is still around. Maybe I can do a backup directly with RS 2023 and make sure I have everything? Then start a new Virtual Controller?
  • mandolas
    Options
    kckku said:
    Hello, 

Hi...

I think that creating a new controller based on the backup is the best alternative in your case, this way you will have a copy of your workstation and in theory you will no longer have this problem.
    However, before creating the new controller I suggest you do a test...
    Make a backup of the virtual controller, close the section and try to reopen it and you will be sure of the situation.
    Two possibilities:
    1 - The station opens and loads the modules - All ok
    2 - The modules were not loaded - create a new controller.