memallocator.h error during controller-startup

Options
Jaycephus
Jaycephus ✭✭
edited January 19 in RobotStudio
I'm using the latest RS in Windows 11 Pro:
RobotStudio 2023.4.1 (64-bit)
Version 23.4.10609.1

I'm trying to open a project made on an older laptop that is no longer available.
I went through and changed all the paths in the project files that I could find to my current  C:\Users\<name>\..., which permitted the project to find the RobotWare directory, and begin starting the controller.

However, during the start, there is an error message, and eventually, the system complains that the controller was not found, due to the controller-start having stalled due to this error.

Error message:
Assertion failed!
Assert: m_memPool != NULL, file C:\AGENT\AGENT2\work\3\s\inc\rw_cpp_memallocator.h, line 206

What do I do to resolve this and get this older project open?

- Jay

Comments

• Jaycephus
    Options
    No help for this?

- Jay
  • Jaycephus
    Jaycephus ✭✭
    edited March 6
    Options
    For immediate requirements, is it possible to see the network and EtherNet/IP settings in text form in the controller files?
    Thanks,
    - Jay
  • Maxim Riabichev
    Options
    Hey Jay,

Regarding moving a project from one PC to another; As far as I know, unfortunately, project folders are not designed to be movable between PC's. Instead you should create a Pack and Go or a Backup of the project. (I understand that you don't have access to the laptop where the project was made initially, so creating a P&G/Backup won't be possible.)

The good news is that with the introduction of RobotStudio Cloud, these kinds of problems should be a thing of the past.

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • Jaycephus
    Options
    For the issue of opening old projects, I've seen advice from ABB engineers here to change the path in certain files to get an old project (only ~1 year old) working, and I followed that advice. It did get past that hang-up, but now a new, incomprehensible error is popping up. 

Why would this be 'impossible to fix?'
    - Jay
  • Jaycephus
    Options
    Also, when trying to restore from backups, they all give me this message:
    - Jay