RobotStudio event

M2000 service port problem

Options
I am trying to connect to the service port, I can successfully ping the controller from my laptop (Win10 enterprise), but when I try to connect with FileZilla, I get a message like could not parse path. Is there a setting somewhere that I might have overlooked? I have downloaded RobotStudio4, is it worth the hassle to dig up a XP machine and try?

Geir
Tagged:

Answers

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    What is it that you need to FTP to/from the controller?  You could make a virtual machine with XP instead of dragging some old fossil computer out of the back of a closet.
    Are you using a crossover cable?  Have you set your computer's IP to the correct address and subnet?
    Lee Justice
  • geirmeister
    Options
    Straight patch cable, I suppose since I can ping the controller and FilZilla does connect that the ethernet bit is OK. I have the floppy to USB adapter, so it is rather easy to edit programs in Notepad, but I am a bit annoyed that I can't get the FTP to work. It's a school thing 😎
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you log on using FZ?
    Lee Justice
  • geirmeister
    Options
    Yes it logged on, but gave the error message unable to parse path or something like it, I got the Norwegian version. So, is it a Win policy problem, firewall problem, FZ settings problem or something else?
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am not familiar with that error.  What does FZ help say about it?
    Lee Justice
  • geirmeister
    Options
    There is a discussion here about a similar problem, but it seems that the FTP server is at fault https://forum.filezilla-project.org/viewtopic.php?t=36777 but people have used  FZ with S4C+ before, have things changed in the mean time?
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have used it before, but it has been many years since.
    Lee Justice