RobotStudio event

Mechanical Unit Mock for Collision Set

Options
I have a device controlled by a PLC that moves within the work cell. I would like to take an output from that PLC to actively drive a collision object. The only option I see for moving a collision object is a mechanical unit.

Is there a way to simulate or fake a mechanical unit where the position is determine by a variable, so I might be able to translate my collision object and provide better safety to my work cell?

Answers

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello,
    You have a SmartComponent to set position.
  • PFollansbee
    Options
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I have an IRBP-L in one of my stations that is a true mechanical unit. I checked and I can't even bind to that. Smart components did not work either.
  • PFollansbee
    Options
    I see the issue here. I am not trying to use a collision sensor, e.g. smart component. I am looking to define collision avoidance objects with associated pairing. These would not be virtual objects but real objects that I don't want to impact. I have a moving object that is being controlled externally. I can get the position of it through my communications. I want to use that position variable to translate a collision object so I can actively avoid it even though it is moving around.

In theory, yes I know where it is and should be able to avoid it, but having that extra piece of mind that the collision avoidance brings is nice.