RobotStudio event

3D Printing with integrated extruder and Safety Controller Collaborative

Hi,

We are currently planning to buy a GoFa (CRB 15000 10 kg 1.52m) and one of the experiments we will be doing is 3D Printing, including using the 3D Printing PowerPack from ABB. One of the options we were considering was to use the integrated extruder, through the "Independent Axis [3111-1]" option, which is a requirement in that case. The problem is that the C30 manual states that the "Independent  Axis" option is not compatible with the Robot safety supervision options [3043-x], namely the "SafeMove Collaborative [3043-3]".
In IRC5 there was a note stating that this was not a problem as long as the independent axis did not move the robot, but there is no such note in the C30 Omnicore controller documentation.
Given that the independent axis, in this example, is to control the extrusion, and will have no impact in the robot motion, it does not need to be supervised and should be compatible with the SafeMove Collaborative option.

Can anyone confirm this, that is, if I can include the "Independent Axis [3111-1]" option in  the GoFa configuration?

Thanks and best regards,
Hugo Costelha

Comments

• External axis for omnicore is brand new.
    I don’t even know if any is installed yet.
    But i expect the same behavior as irc5.
    AFAIK C30 will not support external axis at all. No room for drive module. 
    Systemintegrator - Web / C# / Rapid / Robotstudio

If I helped, please press Vote Up  :smile:
  • hcostelha
    hcostelha
    edited May 27
    External axis for omnicore is brand new.
    I don’t even know if any is installed yet.
    But i expect the same behavior as irc5.
    AFAIK C30 will not support external axis at all. No room for drive module. 
    Thanks for the reply. There are some options that are available but which are external to the cabinet, and I though that the external axis was one of them, but indeed it currently is not supported. nevertheless, I though that the independent axis could be configured to control our "own-developed" external axis, but I guess it is better to use the "3D printing Externally Controlled Extrusion" option for that.
    Post edited by hcostelha on