RobotStudio event

Brand New IRB 4600 robot - Revolution Counter Updating Issue

I tried to update revolution counters of the robot  4600 ( brand new robot @ commissiong stage). But only second axis was updated, and others were not ( I've ticked all the axes in the rev counter updating screen on pendant)

Before updating revolution counters, I aligned synchronization marks of all axes. At this stage, position values of the axes are as follows.

1: -0.15

2:-2.20

3:-0.08

4:-0.09

5: 0.2

6: -1.38

After aligning the synchronization marks, I updated the revolution counters of all axes same time. But only second axis was updated (refer below position value set). Positions of the other axes remained same.

1: -0.15

2:-0.00

3:-0.08

4:-0.09

5: 0.2

6: -1.38

What is the reason for some axes position values are not updated to 0.00 on pendant, after updating revolution counters?

Note - After rev counter  updating, I brought each axis to 0.00 position on pendant. When I looked at the synchronization marks, only 6 th axis is out of alignment. 

Best Answers

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The motor would have to be  (going by memory here) more than half a turn for the REV counters to update the way you are thinking that they ought to.  That would be why you saw only axis 2 have the effect that you did.  I had the same thing on one of our new 4600's a few years ago.
    Lee Justice
  • graemepaulin
    Answer ✓
    Lee is correct -I think it is one revolution of the motor though, which through the gearbox can be a very small movement at the robot arm.

If your axis 6 is still out physically when you are at 0° on the pendant then you need to readjust the position -if it is slightly one way on the marks move it so it is slightly the other way.
    Always recheck the marks by moving the robot to 0° (easiest is to use a ABSJ move with the named target change to be 0° for all axis). Only move on once you are happy that all the marks are lined up correctly.

Answers

• Hi Lee and graemepaulin,

Thanks for your replies.

@graemepaulin

Alignment of the 6 axis is slightly left side of the mark. What you want me to try is, align more it on to right side and , update the rev counters? 

Thanks 
  • Yes that is correct - it should then end up correctly aligned.