RobotStudio event

Does RS 2024.2 have limitations on file path lengths when applying Backups?

When I create new systems from Backups, it is usually able to create a new Virtual Controller and a new station (or whatever it is called these days). But RS seems to have a problem applying the modules in the tasks.

It works to Restore the backup if it is located on the desktop.

Does RS 2024.2 have a limitation on how long file paths it can handle when applying backups?

Or is it something with our SharePoint file management system what RobotStudio only partly can handle? 

I have only tried this with RW 6.1x.

Comments

• Hi...
    I've had problems restoring backups from the server. Something related to the format that the operating system handles very long paths, where some parts are replaced by other characters. Usually the local path is much shorter and this doesn't happen.
    Another fact is that the firewall can interfere with some files in the backup and can cause packet loss, so restoring directly from the server may not be a good idea.
    When I need to restore a backup, I copy it to the local location and then restore it from there.
    RS has a limitation on folder levels. I'm not sure how many levels, but I've been through this before. At one time the path went through more than 20 levels.
    Good work.