RobotStudio event

Requirements to simulate a Smart Component?

I'm a new user of Robotstudio and I'm trying to test a Smart Component.
I've created a simple gripper with a line sensor and saved it as a library.
If I open a station with a robot and controller and import the library, I can play simulation and check the Smart component.
If I create a new station and import the library (without any other component), when I go to the Simulation Tab and click the 'Play' icon, the simulation doesn't start.
Do I need a robot, a VC or some other component to test a Smart Component?
Regards,

Answers

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    In Simulation Setup, you can check which component is to be simulate.

• I've checked the simulation setup and the components (smart component and line sensor) are selected.
    The problem is that when I click the "Start" button in simulation setup, simulation doesn't start (no warnings, no errors, the pause an stop buttons continue inactive... the program doesn't do anything).
    If I import the component to a project with a robot, VC and other components... the simulation start without any problem (I can can pause and stop the simulation and check the line sensor status).
  • i have a similar Problem, but only with versions bigger than 2023.2
    i think i know the reason - the simulation runs only for one zycletime.
    my workaround is: but a roboter and a controler to the system and then you can set the cycle mode to continous and everything works.
    i dont know if this is a bug or it si wanted because the main goal is robotersimulation