RobotStudio event

X and Y axis 180degree out on

I am teaching a target in robot studio just pointing the weld gun at a hole on the plate on the IRB a750 positioner, and when i transfer it to the robot the robot goes to the hole on the opposite side of the plate. 

when i jog the robot the X any Y are backward and Z is fine, the workobject data are the same on RS and on the robot

Answers

• With a picture of the cell I might be able to help, but what it sounds like is that the base frame of the positioner might be set backwards.

It has been a bit since I have done this exact thing, but you will need to make sure that when you teach the base frame of the positioner, you line up the first point with the positioners X axis.

The quick way to check if you are having this issue is to take a backup of your real robot and check the values for the base frame of the external axis. Then compare that to the values inside of robotstudio. Or, you can take a backup of your real robot and load it into robot studio, and it will place the turntable where it the robot says it is calibrated. If it is different than the real world, that is the cause of your issue.