RobotStudio event

ABB dispense package: DispL, DispL\On, DispL\Off is not functioning

MI_automation
edited September 19 in IRC5
Hello, community,

I have a project in which ABB robot function as controller of a dispensing system. We have ABB dispense package installed. But the  DispL statements are not functioning. DispL\On can't open gun; DispL\Off can't close gun; and in the DispL statements, the bead data can't update the material flow number to the dispensing system. The dispensing flow number has to be sent through AO from robot to the dispensing system.
Post edited by MI_automation on

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    edited September 19
    Have you remapped the dispense signals from the simulated board to the real signals out from the robot?
    Oh, and don't rename them.
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68 said:
    Have you remapped the dispense signals from the simulated board to the real signals out from the robot?
    Oh, and don't rename them.
    Thank you, Lee.

After remapping the signals, it works. 

Another question: when using the DispL\Off statement to close the gun, SCA gives error: "Bead interruption program 1: Analog value underrun". But when using 'Reset Open_APP_1' to close the gun, there's no this error. What could be the reason?

I'm guessing that when robot runs to the DispL\Off statement, the AO 'material flow num' can't be sent to SCA, and the material flow num shows 0. What do you think?
  • It could be an issue will lag times or anticipation too little/too great.  There is a DPUser module with routines for predisp and postdisp where you may need to customize  handshakes.  Lag and anticipation can be dealt with in the equipmentdata.  The Manual for dispense explains a lot pretty well.
    Lee Justice
  • MI_automation
    edited September 25
    lemster68 said:
    It could be an issue will lag times or anticipation too little/too great.  There is a DPUser module with routines for predisp and postdisp where you may need to customize  handshakes.  Lag and anticipation can be dealt with in the equipmentdata.  The Manual for dispense explains a lot pretty well.
    Thank you very much! Mr. Lee. I changed the gun off time from 0 to 0.2. The fault got resolved. 
    Post edited by MI_automation on
  • You are welcome, thanks for sharing.
    Lee Justice