RobotStudio event

Ghost run of programs

Hi there!

I'm an entry level maintenance technician who is trying to tackle a problem a little out of his league...so bear with me.

I wanted to know if there is a way to have the flex pendant run programs but not have the robots move along with them...we're having an issue with our FTP program sending the programs to the robots and I would like to be able to troubleshoot it without the robots going through their motions.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Comments

• There certainly is:  simulated motion mode.  You can put it into simulated motion mode by going to Control panel >  select Supervision > Execution settings, Non-motion execution ON.  This is for IRC5, you didn't specify your controller version.
    Lee Justice
  • Thanks for your response!

My Flexpendant does not have the "supervision" option.   Its running VxWorks 5.5.1, so my control panel is just a series of icons...none of which are "control panel" or "supervision".  Reading up on Non Motion Execution, its exactly what I'm trying to do but I can't seem to figure out how to get to it through the pendant or through RobotStudio.  Any ideas?
  • What version of robot controller is it?  The robot kernel is vxworks but that should be invisible to the user, as far as I know.
    Lee Justice
  • If it is Omnicore (Robotware 7.x) then as below

• We're using RobotStudio on the PC, version 20232.2.1
    Haven't found Non Motion Execution in any of the submenus.

• Saw this.  "Note RobotStudio does not support non-motion execution option. This option can be set to prevent the real controller from moving, even when, the program is executing. RobotStudio will ignore this option and move the robot. The non-motion execution option applies to virtual controllers only."  Not sure if this means this option is completely dead or not.  Any info would be appreciated!
  • If you are using RobotStudio why would you want the virtual robot not to move as the program executes?

It makes sense that you can not use the 'non-motion execution' mode as the virtual robot will not hit anything.
  • Maybe if I explain our setup it will help.  We have separate scanning software that scans the object and builds the program for the robot.  This program is sent to the robot via FTP.  I then see the program running on the pendant.  The scanning happens in sections, so there are multiple files that send one after another.  Somehow the file drops once in a while, and we have to reconnect the FTP program to get it to send, which causes defects on the object.  So I was hoping to test the FTP program by sending files to the robot, but not have the robot move...just see the files executing on the pendant.  Make sense?
  • So you are using the real robot and not a virtual robot in RobotStudio.
    You should then be able to proceed as  Lee mentioned above.
  • I'm not sure how to proceed...here is an image of what I see on our pendant:
    I don't see "supervision" anywhere.  "execution" does not list anything about Non-Motion.  

• I do not see an image...

• Above is the image you were trying to share.
    This is a paint system I have on experience with them - may not have non motion execution.