RobotStudio event

Search for multiple inputs

Hello,

I need to preform a linear search untill 1 of 5 inputs triggers from 1 to 0. SearchL command only accepts 1 input. Any way to combine inputs? Or search for multiple inputs / GI?

The only other ideas I have is to move in a while cycle or stop the movement via Interrupt. 

All help and suggestions welcome...  

Best Answers

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Make a simulated input to which you cross connect those five other real inputs using the OR operator.  Use that simulated signal in your search.
    Lee Justice
  • Burro
    Burro
    Answer ✓
    Create another signal and use it as a result in a Cross Connection with the other 5 as Or conditions, then use the new signal in your SearchL
  • laov
    laov
    Answer ✓
    Found it. 
    Configuration -> I/O system -> Cross Connection.

Thanks!

Answers

• lemster68 said:
    Make a simulated input to which you cross connect those five other real inputs using the OR operator.  Use that simulated signal in your search.
    I assume this is done in software not electrically? Maybe you can give me a code snippet or refer to the instructions used? I did not find anything obvious in rapid reference manual... 
  • That is because you need to read the System Parameter manual for cross connections.  No code is required.
    Lee Justice