RobotStudio event

Unknown WO weight

Hello,

My robot is trying to pick up WO of unknown weight. The weight can varry from small to close to carrying limit.

Is it possible to measure WO weight during a pick and define it as gripped load?

Best Answer

• graemepaulin
    Answer ✓
    You might be able to use the motor torque on say axis 3 ( using the Rapid command GetMotorTorque) to deduce the mass of the payload.
    You would have to pick up a range of sizes of the product collecting the motor torque and manual measuring the mass - if it is a linear correlation then you can use the torque reading to get the mass.
    This mass can then be written into the loaddata for example, load1.mass:= CalculatedMass;

Answers

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    You will need to define unique loaddatas for each object picked and run the LoadID service routine for each.
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68 said:
    You will need to define unique loaddatas for each object picked and run the LoadID service routine for each.
    That is not an option. As I said the load is an unknown and varriable.
  • You might be able to use the motor torque on say axis 3 ( using the Rapid command GetMotorTorque) to deduce the mass of the payload.
    You would have to pick up a range of sizes of the product collecting the motor torque and manual measuring the mass - if it is a linear correlation then you can use the torque reading to get the mass.
    This mass can then be written into the loaddata for example, load1.mass:= CalculatedMass;
    Thank you for the direction. I will hopefully get the chance to try it and post the ressults.