RobotStudio event

Unable to get My C# app to start a rapid in Robot Studio

I am new to Robot Studio and am attempting to learn how to interface and command a robot from a C# application

I have written a simple app to find available controllers and connect to RobotSudio.

My app finds the RobotStudio controller I have running on my PC. I am attempting to connect to it using the following code:

m_Controller = Controller.Connect(controllerModel.ControllerInfo, ConnectionType.Standalone);

m_Controller.Logon(UserInfo.DefaultUser);

At this point I do not think my connection is correct. When I run this against an older application I downloaded and compare old applications Controller to my m_Controller variables they are different. My data is virtually empty and the old application is populated. I am expecting to see some data such as the IPAddress, but it is empty. 

When I try to run the rapid using the code below:
            RapidData rapidData = m_Controller.Rapid.GetRapidData("Module1", "Path_10");

I get a "ABB.Robotics.GenericControllerException", I suspect this is because I am not actually connected.

Could anyone point out what I am doing wrong or tell me how to troubleshoot this so I can discover what I need to do differently?

Answers