RobotStudio event

CPU auslastung - (CPU Usage)

Options

Hi everybody,

As I have read in the documentation, the cpu will only pay attention to a background task when the foreground task is idle (for ex.: during a move instruction).

I expect that any periphiral controlled equipment doesn't have priority in this way. But I don't expect a CPU usage error.

Are there too many task offered to the cpu?

Didn't the background task get enough attention for a period of time?

In other words: when would a controller give a CPU Usage error?

(RobotWare 5.08.0176.00)

Hopefully there is some cpu knowledge here.

Greetz,

Stanley

Comments

• RussD
    Options

What is the exact message number you are getting?

If there is a warning about too high CPU utilization that is logged during start-up, this seems to be a consequence of having a big, complex robot system and doesn't appear to cause a problem.

If you are experiencing a high CPU utilization warning while you are running the robot, then you are probably doing something that is taxing the system too heavily. Common causes may include background task main routines or WHILE loops that lack any delay, i.e. a small WAIT time, or poorly optimized path programming that generates a lot of Corner Path warnings.

Russell Drown
  • Stanley
    Options

Thank you for your answer. I have a wait time in every while loop and a wait time at the end of my main program. You are right the warning doesn't seem to influence the execution of the foreground nor background task in any way. The points aren't programmed to near to eachother's zone. So I really expect that there still is something about the background task that triggers this message.

However I'd like to know more about how the background task is handled by the CPU (or it's scheduler). Do you know where this information is reachable?

• RussD
    Options
    Do you have corner path warnings (50024) in your system logs?
    Russell Drown