RobotStudio event

Disable Close Button on Robot Application

Options

Hey all,

I'm trying to disable the close button on my robot application and add my own close button within the application itself. I want to do this so i am able to ask the operator with a gtpumessagebox if he/she really wants to close the application (because doing so results in the robot system going into a controlled shutdown state and subsequently shutting down). 

The trouble i am having is not knowing how to disable the close button.

Can anyone please help?!?!

Comments

• RussD
    Options

I don't think you can do what you wish to do because your application is launched by TAF (the ABB application that is running when the FP has finished startup), which is also responsible for ending the process when you press the close button by calling Uninstall in the ITpsView.Setup interface.

In other words, you can't close yourself, TAF must close you by calling your uninstall method.

Russell Drown
  • RussD
    Options

If you would like to simply disable the close button when your app is activated, that by itself is possible.

Note that the following is undocumented and unsupported functionality that is subject to change in future RW/RAB releases.

See the atttached sample for more information. Note that the button is enabled when the app is deactivated and disabled when it is activated.

2007-07-30_143620_view.zip

You must add a reference in your project to the file Taf.reflector.dll that is located in the directory MediaPoolRobotWare_5.0x.xxxxvcbin.

Russell Drown
  • Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!