RobotStudio event

It won’t pack and go correctly

Options

Hi,

I packed and go in 5.09 but it wouldn't work correctly.

When I opened packed file simulation didn't work cause base frame definition was changed and some errors I couldn't correct occured.

I think there is bug for pack and go in 5.09. Could anyone check it?

Yu

Comments

• Anders S
    Options

Hi Yu,

I have used the "Pack and Go" function in 5.09 and have not found any problems.

But to be sure the system is setup correctly, you have to use the new function "Unpack and Work".

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • I am having similar problems. We are purchasing 3 new cells from a vendor and he has setup the cells in 5.09 on his system. He is using the pack & go feature and sending me the files.

When i try and unpack & work i can get so far as it asking for the Robotware version but this drop down field is empty so i cannot continue.

I was missing any Robotware folders in my media pool folder, so he sent me those and i copied them into the media pool folder but still no luck.

Please help this is getting painful.

Regards

MPSA
  • Hello,

Did you copy RW folder to your media pool? I recommend you should try to open exe file and install RW. I had a similar problem when I copied.

BR

Yu I

• Anders S
    Options

Hi,

If the drop down field is empty, you have to click on the "Browse button" and browse to the mediapoolfolder on your PC (C:Program FilesABB Industrial ITRobotics ITMediapool).

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • I managed to figure it out. We have not recieved the robots yet so i did not have the robotware software installed.

Without that even pointing to the mediapool folder, the box will be blank.

Regards

MPSA