RobotStudio event

Robot Studio Online Crashing

Options

Hey All,

I'm having problems with my Robot Studio Online (5.8.3017.0) crashing on me and not being able to communicate with my robot controller.  It happens sometimes on a warm start when RSO is connected to the service port. When the controller starts up again I ocassionally get errors telling me that the controller is disconnected and/or there is no controller found at IP 192.168.125.1 (the IP of my controller).  It also sometimes happens on an "Apply Changes". When it happens the only way to recover (that I have found so far) is to reboot my laptop that is connected to the controller. This becomes a hassle when it happens multiple times a day. I've tried warm starting the controller, closing and reopening RSO on my laptop, unplugging and replugging in the LAN cable none of which seem to fix my problem. Has anyone else experienced this?? Is there any way to recover from it other that rebooting my laptop?? Is it a RSO, Windows or Robot Controller problem??

Please Help!!!

Justin Weppler

Comments

• RussD
    Options

You might try using the latest version of RSO available from the RobotWare 5.09.01 release; there have been several stability fixes in that version that have improved the reliability. RSO should always be the same version or newer than the RW version you are trying to connect to.

I have seen reconnection problems from time to time with RSO, but I typically don't need to restart my PC. Usually closing and reopening RSO does the trick for me. You might want to make sure that the RobotStudioOnline.exe process is going away in TaskManager when you close RSO, and you can try going into Computer Management>Serivces and stopping the two ABB Industrial Robot... services. Relaunching RSO will start the "Discovery" server, and opening a robot view or using One-Click launch should start the "Communications" server.

Russell Drown
  • I have similar situation as Justin. RSO 5.9.2038, laptop connected to the service port. RSO works ok if the network connection is established before RSO is started. If I connect the cable while RSO is running or if I break an already working session by warm starting the robot from RSO, the software will refuse to connect again. The activity indicator in the lower right corner is running but nothing else happens. I've completely disabled firewall, repaired the connection, ended the two abb related processes from task manager, restarted RSO. Only restarting the laptop helps. Any suggestions?
  • My problem had to do with my firewall.  Try checking/setting your firewall settings.