RobotStudio event

How can I operate the robot based on the

Options

Hello,everyone:

I am a freshman.I can manipulate the ABB robot by a teach pendant,but I want to know how I can operate the robot based on the PC.Whether do I need to some software?

Thank you

whm4182007-9-11 16:36:9

Comments

• RussD
    Options
    There is limited capability to control the robot from a PC. Basically the robot controller is the sole source of motion control, you can access RAPID and IO from a PC and use this to tell the robot to start executing RAPID code. This topic is discussed in several threads under the Robot Application Builder subject area.
    Russell Drown
  • Thank you.what do you mean is that I have to install the Robot Application Builder,if I want to control by PC.

• RussD
    Options

"Control the robot by PC" is a pretty vague term. If you could describe in more detail what you mean by "control", it will be easier to answer your question.

What I was trying to say that there are definite limitations to what you can do to the robot from a remote client, this is almost exclusively due to safety considerations.

Robot Application Builder is a software development kit used for developing PC applications that interact with robots. It is not an application that runs by itself. Within the RAB topic in this forum, there are several questions about interacting with a robot from a PC.

RussD2007-9-13 22:14:57
    Russell Drown