RobotStudio event

New to ABB, a few questions

Options
hello all,

Have an IRC5/IRB4400 that I need to integrate, and boss in in a hurry (as usual image ) and I would appreciate some advice:

What software would normally come included with a new robot? (at no extra charge)

Does the IRC5 have some sort of pre-implemented interface

that facilitates remote control of the bot by a PLC master, or do I write my own master routine?

Can I expect the robot to be FTP capable as standard?

If needs be, could I write/edit code with a text editor and transfer to the controller as text file? (trying to figure out where the compiler/interpreter resides)

Thanks for the help.

Jim

Comments

• RussD
    Options

Each robot comes with a license keystring that defines what software options it has available, so there is no single standard configuration. This information should be included in printed form among the documentaiton that came with the robot however. The core RAPID programming language is fairly comprehensive, i.e. you can move the robot and access I/O, write conditional logic, do arithmetic,etc.

No, there is not pre-defined PLC interface that comes with the robot, you must implement the IO interface and the control logic yourself.

The robot has a built-in FTP server, so you can use any standard FTP client to connect to it from the robot service port.

Yes you can write RAPID code in a standard text editor. Your RAPID modules are parsed and checked for syntax/reference errors when you attempt to load them, if they are free of errors then they are linked and accessible to the RAPID program server.

Russell Drown
  • Russ:

Thanks for the feedback,I should have stated "PC software" to distinguish from robot software.

About Robot Studio Online: Would it normally be included?

If I had Robot Studio Online then that's pretty much all I need to get going, right?jimtyrer2007-9-20 0:11:56
  • RussD
    Options

RobotStudio Online is included with every IRC5 robot on the RobotWare CD that comes with it. It should enable you to do most of what is involved in setting up a robot.

Russell Drown
  • Thanks Russ,

Great resource you guys have here.