RobotStudio event

space cube control

Options
Need to service an injection molder, and to have a means of reliably preventing the molder from closing while robot is in mold space. I am told that it can be done with RW Plastics Mold. My question is whether a standard IRC5 has a space cube/safety space ability that will satisfy this requirement without the installation of RW Plastics Mold? (or can I write one?)

This would allow me to buy a full 1-year licence for RobotStudio instead of RW Plastics Mold.

Thanks

Jim

Comments

• RussD
    Options

I'm not familiar with RW Plastics Mold, but the functionality you described might be able to be accomplished through the use of the World Zone concept, which is an optional RobotWare component. Here is a brief description:

Purpose

The purpose of World Zones is to stop the robot or set an output signal if the robot is inside a
    special user-defined zone. Here are some examples of applications:

When two robots share a part of their respective work areas. The possibility of the tworobots colliding can be safely eliminated by World Zones supervision.
    When a permanent obstacle or some temporary external equipment is located inside
    the robot's work area. A forbidden zone can be created to prevent the robot from
    colliding with this equipment.

Indication that the robot is at a position where it is permissible to start program
    execution from a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC).
    A world zone is supervised during robot movements both during program execution and
    jogging. If the robot's TCP reaches the world zone or if the axes reaches the world zone in joints, the movement is stopped or a digital output signal is set.

WARNING!

For safety reasons, this software shall not be used for protection of personnel. Use hardware
    protection equipment for that.
    Russell Drown
  • Hi,

Maybe you should consider using Light Curtains on the injection moulding machine instead? But world zones works too ofc.

• Hi <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

You cut also use Electronic Position Switzes.

But it is an option.

Regards
    Knud Erik Lindberg
    Jorgensen Engineering
  • Thanks for everyone's input,

By now I assume that I cannot write my own "WorldZones", that is,

have a program running in the background that monitors TCP coordinates and sets outputs as a function of which zone TCP is in;

and will place arm into a HOLD state if one of the required inputs is false;

and said program will autoexec when controller is powered up, regardless of application fault condition, and run until power down?jimtyrer2007-9-21 16:17:22
  • j_proulx
    Options

Hello,

RobotWare Plastics Mould does have a Safety Zone parameter built in. This parameter can be configured for each part being run. The safety Zone is a world zone that is configured through the RWPM GUI and uses the RWPM I/O. When the safety zone is configured, anytime the TCP is outside the zone, an output doMouldAreaFree is set high. When the tcp is inside the zone, the output is set low. You can connect a relay to this output to inhibit the Enable Mould closure permission from the robot. It is too large to post here, but I can send you the RWPM Application Manual if you send me your e-mail.

BR

Jim Proulx

• claudio
    Options
    Hey jim,

Surely you can write your Worldzone routine directly monitoring the TCP position via CRobT(). You'll need Multitasking option on the controller. The main advantage of this approach is that you can check the position of the robot regardless of the current tool (the tool the TASK 0 is using or the user has selected). A problem can be a little of CPU load, if you check the position very frequently.
    But it works, I did it.

Claudio