RobotStudio event

Change to RAB Window from RAPID Code

Options

Hi

I need to activate the RobotApplication Window from the RAPID program code. I just need to show a jpg-picture and after pressing the only button in that window I should return to the program editor window. Is there a RAPID instruction like TPShow to change to the RobotApplication Window? If yes, how can I do it? Or is there an other possibility?

Thanks for help.

Marcel

Comments

• RussD
    Options
    There is a RAPID instruction to do this, UIShow. Its well-documented in the 5.09 and higher RAPID reference manual, maybe not as well documented in older versions.
    Russell Drown
  • Marcel
    Options

Hi Russell

Thank you very much for that information. I didn't try it yet, but it is looking good and seams to be what I was looking for. Before I looked in an older referenz manual, that didn't contain the UIShow instruciton.

Thank you.

Marcel

• Hello,

Did you manage to do this?

There is some information in RAB User's Guide too:

Use RAPID instruction to launch RAB application

The RAPID instruction UIShow (User Interface Show) is used to communicate with the user of the robot system via a FlexPendant application. Both RAB applications and standard applications can be launched using this instruction.Example:The RAPID code below launches the custom application TpsViewMyApp.CONST string Name :="TpsViewMyApp.gtpu.dll";CONST string Type :="ABB.Robotics.SDK.Views.TpsViewMyApp";UIShow Name, Type;For this to work the robot system must have the RobotWare option FlexPendant Interface. The assemblies TpsViewMyApp.dll and TpsViewMyApp.gtpu.dll must be located in the HOME directory of the active robot system. (When the assemblies have been downloaded to the controller the FlexPendant must be restarted in order to load them.)

image See the RAPID reference manual for further information about the UIShow instruction.
    Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden