RobotStudio event

NFS Server and Configuration

Options

Hi

I would like to use NFS client on my robot to access a windows xp pc. For this I ordered the robot ware option NFS client.

On the xp pc I installed HaneWin NFS Server.

Does anybody have any experience with NFS? What server software would you suggest? Do you have any hints for server configuration?

How do I configure the client (server path, user id, group id)?

Thanks for any hint!

Marcel Rieder

Comments

• Marcel
    Options

Hi

I got the nfs server running. But I get client errors when starting the robot: 71126: error when mounting < c:
    fs > as < pc: >. It was not exported on the server computer < 192.168.1.39>

Any hints are very welcome!

Regards

Marcel

Marcel2007-10-3 18:46:9
  • Marcel
    Options

Solved: server path was "/C/robot_1" and not "c:
    obot_1"

Maybe this helps somone else.

Regards

Marcel

• RussD
    Options

Can you ping the robot from the NFS server PC, can you connect to the robot from that PC with FTP?

Here is a description of the values plus an example configuration:

Parameter Description

Name: Name of the application protocol.
    Type: Type of application protocol.Set this to "NFS".
    Transmission protocol: Name of the transmission protocol the protocol should use.For NFS, this is always "TCP/IP".
    Server address: The IP address of the computer with the NFS server.
    Trusted: This flag decides if this computer should be trusted, i.e. if losing the connection should make the program stop.
    Local path: Defines what the shared unit will be called on the robot. The parameter value must end with a colon (:). If, for example the unit is named "pc:", the name of the test.prg on this unit would be pc:test.prg
    Server path: The name of the exported disk or folder on the remote computer. For NFS, Server Path must be specified.
    User ID: Used by the NFS protocol as a way of authorizing the user to access a specific server. If this parameter is not used, which is usually the case on a PC, set
    it to the default value 0.Note that User ID must be the same for all mountings on one robot controller.
    Group ID: Used by the NFS protocol as a way of authorizing the user to access a specific server. If this parameter is not used, which is usually the case on a PC, set
    it to the default value 0. Note that Group ID must be the same for all mountings on one robot controller.

Example configuration

Name: my NFS protocol
    Type: NFS
    Transmission protocol: TCP/IP
    Server address 100.100.100.100
    Trusted: No
    Local path: pc:
    Server path: C:
    obot_1
    User ID: Robot1
    Group ID: robot1
    Russell Drown