RobotStudio event

ABB 1400 backup questions

Options

i'm having problems backing up our robot onto the floppy drive.  It would read nonstop with no confirmation so I thought it was a bad drive.  I replaced the floppy drive and it backed up fine.  A week later all I get are write errors and no successful backup. 

Can I just replace the floppy drive with a brand new one and assume everything will be fine?  what is the backup size exceeds the disk capacity?

Also, could I assign the proper network settings (unsure how to access this)  and check it via FTP in a browser OR will it give me that option during backup (ie floppy/hd)?

-Tom

Comments

• im pretty sure i can just perform an advanced warm start with the numerical code to restart and then select Network settings and enter in the values.

Is there a way once the network connection is established to assign a default path (ie k:/mannufacturing/robot/backup) ? will this be the same as selecting the mass memory unit such as the floppy drive?

any help is appreciated

-Tom

• claudio
    Options
    Hi hifimono,

I always have problem using floppy disks.
    I was told formatting in the robot will reduce write errors, but still having problems.
    What I usually do is back up on robot hd0, and then copy the backup with an FTP client, such as WsFtp or FTPCommander.
    Just rember to delete old backups, sometimes, or you'll run out of disk space.

Regards
    Claudio

• thanks

i guess my supervisor is going to swap a brand new floppy and if that doesn't work then call in some ABB guy to access the situation.

my networking suggestions were not taken into consideration.

i guess no use doing things the logical way.