RobotStudio event

Robotic Brakes*

Options

Hi, I have an IRB 2400, lately I have noticed an issue of axis 4 and 6 moving when slight pressure is applied, the ammount of pressure i'm putting on the robot shouldn't cause it to move at all. however you can twist the axis fraily easily, is there any idea's as to what i could be? soft servo is not on

dh_custompak2007-11-15 17:3:53
Dustin

Comments

• vulpes_h
    Options

Brakes are not so strong...on IRB 2400 and it can be a mechanical problem on the drive shaft after the gear box.... but then you have problem whit rob targets not' at the right position.... robot whil move of from target.

Are you shore that the Load is Correct ???  Moment of inertia feels like it to high... if you can push the tool a way form position.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
    What is the application ? is it a moisture a round the robot? moisture or oil can make brakes weak if leaking in to the motor...
  • It is a cutting application, with a spindle attached to the robot, the robot uses various tools, Saw blades, router bits, and drill bits. The thing that concerns me, is that it seems to only be this robot that I can move these joints on, the robot does always hit it's correct target.

Thanks,

Dustin

Dustin
  • vulpes_h
    Options

The gearing tend to be high so you are strong when moving these axis, I have felt this on this typ of robot before... i think you can stay cool,image and as long as the robot are running the robot will release the breaks and control the motorpower.

If the robot is losing it position when breaks appleis (if you go into the robot cell), the I rekomend a change of the motor.... breaks are included in the motors and in this robot the complete motor's have to be replacet.