RobotStudio event

robtarget data

Options

hello, Coul anybody help me a basic question on robtarget data?

Robtarget P1=[[568,190,300],[0,0.707107,-0.707107,0],[-1,0,-1,0],[9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,0]]

tool=Application tool defined

Work object=wobj defined

I know [568,190,300] = [X, Y,Z]

[0,0.707107,-0.707107,0]= [q1,q2,q3,q4]    orientation

what is the meaning of [-1,0,-1,0] = ???   

[9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,0] =??

I am confused because some robtarget data are [-1,0,-1,0], and some are [0,-1,0,0]

Very appreciated!

Comments

• joaof
    Options

Hi memphiss,

what is the meaning of [-1,0,-1,0] = ???  

This is a robot configuration for axis 1,4,6 and external

[9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,0] =??

This is the configuration of a external joints angles, you can controller 6 external joints by default if you don't have external axis the value is 9E+9......

Best regards,

Joao Fidalgo

• hello all

I have further problems about the robot configuration data. I have a robot Irb 6400R/2.5-120, all positions in my product program are with the value [-1,0,-1,0], desiding axis1, axis4,axis6 configurations.

However, I have another robot IRB 6600/2.55-175, robot positions actually similar gesture, but the conf data in my product program are with the value [0,-1,0,0].

Is there a way to make the two conf data the same? For example re-calibrate axis6 or something like this, since axis6 is a flange and can rotate 360 degree.  So that I can copy the programs between the two robot, and then just re-teach some positions. They have same work piece tool on the robot.

• Two different robot's with different upperarm lenghts, if they stand on the same position they will and can have a different configuration image

What you can do is use the ConfLOff (or ConfJ) instruction, and modpos all the position, this will give you the opertunity to use the code of the other robot.

But don't forget to use the ConfLOn instruction after that to be sure that the robot uses the configuration in normal proces ! image

• John Wiberg
    Options

Dear memphiss

Robot Configuration
    Check out your [Technical reference manual - RAPID Instructions, Functions and Data types] manual. There you will find some pictures that explain robot configuration.
    Chapter 3.8 [confdata - Robot configuration data]

Since 6 axis robots are agile enough to reach a position&orientation in several different ways so in RAPID programming you have to make sure which way the axis will be at when they reach a position&orientation.
    The values are 90? arcs, so that [0] refers to the first positive 90? for an axis, when you rotate "left" into the next 90? arc you enter [-1], and when you rotate the axis "right" out of [0] you enter [1].
    So when doing a MoveL it will be very difficult for the robot to move if the starting and finishing configuration differs a lot.

I hope this helps.