RobotStudio event

RAB 5.10 - no license required

Options

I am pleased to inform you that RAB 5.10 is in validation and will be released in some weeks.

From RAB 5.10 no license is required and you can use the FP and PC SDKs for free. To use the virtual development environment you will however need to purchase Virtual IRC5 5.10. RAB will be distributed as freeware on the RobotWare 5.10 CD, and it will also be possible to download it from the internet for free (the exakt location will be communicated in this User Forum later on).

Please notice that this does NOT mean Robotics will no longer develop or maintain the FP and PC SDKs. Quite the contrary actually: we now believe it is time for more developers to start using Robot Application Builder to create applications that are really suited to the specific needs of different robot system end-users.

We recommend you to upgrade to RAB 5.10 once it is released. It is compatible with RAB 5.09. Several bugs have been corrected and there is also some new functionality, eg. IPCMessaging in the PCSDK, which represents a new way of communicating between a PC SDK application and a RAPID task. User's Guide has been improved, this is what has been done (figures refer to chapters in User's Guide:

Installation chapter: no license required, working with several PC SDK versions. (2.1- 2.2)

PC application configuration, how to use App.config. (3.2.3)

TpsFont internally retrieves appropriate font for the active language, e.g. Chinese (5.3.5).

The operating system of the first generation FlexPendant device (SX TPU 1) does not support images of more than 256 colors. (5.3.6, 8.1.4)

New FP SDK domain SystemInfoDomain(5.5.8).

Maximum size of an FP SDK application (6.1).

No initial events guaranteed (4.3, 5.5.2, 5.5.4, 7.3, 7.6).

Create a simple PC SDK application (7.2).

FP and PC SDK Controller API, working with RAPID data. (5.5.3.1 and 7.5.1)

High priority event subscriptions in PC SDK (7.5.1).

New PC SDK domain Messaging(7.10).

Troubleshooting PC SDK applications (8.2.2)

Localizing a FlexPendant application (9).

Please download preliminary Release Notes for RAB 5.10:

2007-11-27_160340_Robot_Application_Builder_Release_Notes.zi p

Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
Software Engineer
ABB Robotics, Sweden

Comments

• kegley182
    Options

Does the fact that one already has Robot Studio eliminate the need for Virtual IRC5.... (since RS has a virtual control within it)

Mike Kegley
  • Yes, if you do already have Robot Studio, there is no extra cost involved in starting to use Robot Application Builder.

(The end-customer's robot system, which should make use of your RAB application, must have the RobotWare option FlexPendant Interface and/or PC Interface. This is the same as before.)

Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden
  • Hi Colleague!
    I want to know whether I can use old version robot no including FP Interface option by upgrading robotware version or not.
    Thank you.

• John Wiberg
    Options

[QUOTE=Tony_Kim]Hi Colleague!
    I want to know whether I can use old version robot no including FP Interface option by upgrading robotware version or not.
    Thank you.
    [/QUOTE]

I don't fully comprehend what you are trying to say could you please clarify it a bit?

IF you are asking if you still need the [FlexPendant Interface] option even if you upgrade the RobotWare to 5.10, then the answer is still yes.
    To run a FlexPendant SDK application you need the [FlexPendant Interface] option on the controller.
    To run a PC SDK application then the controller that you communicate with have to have the [PC Interface] option.

• Hello,

It doesn't help just to upgrade to a newer robotware version. You also need to purchase the RobotWare option FlexPendant.

If you upgrade to a newer RobotWare version it is RobotWare OS  that is upgraded. RobotWare options are products that run on top of RobotWare - OS. They are intended for robot users that need additional functionality

Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden
  • Thank you, Ingela, John Wiberg
    I understand very well,
    you mean the key-string is already included their own options
    If I want to use it, I have to buy it.
    Have a great day. buy.