RobotStudio event

License Error

Options
I have included the license file (Licenses.licx) into my project, with the text, "ABB.Robotics.Controllers.Licenses.PCSdk, ABB.Robotics.Controllers"

However I get a build error with the following description:

Error    1    Exception occurred creating type 'ABB.Robotics.Controllers.Licenses.PCSdk, ABB.Robotics.Controllers, Version=5.9.167.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1da709b7d1f14b7b' System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: A valid license cannot be granted for the type ABB.Robotics.Controllers.Licenses.PCSdk. Contact the manufacturer of the component for more information.   

File:      Licenses.licx   
Line:     1   
Project: IELaunchTestApp

The license expires in September 2008.

Does anybody know why I'm getting this exception?

Thanks in advance,
Neil

Comments

• This error occurs when the license file is included in the project and I try to build the program (using VS2005).

If I exclude the license file from the project, it builds with no problem. Running the exe, I get the exact same error as described in this forum:

http://forums.robotstudio.com/forum_posts.asp?T ID=1639&KW=license

Can anybody help? Any help appreciated...

Neil

neil2007-12-12 13:52:2
  • John Wiberg
    Options

Hi Neil,

1st check
    Did you do "Add Existing Item" and selected
    C:Program FilesABB Industrial ITRobotics ITRobot Application BuilderPC SDKLicenses.licx
    or did you include the file in another way?

2nd check
    In the project, on the Licenses.licx, check that the "Build Action" property is correct. In my working system its set to "Embedded Resource".

• Hi John,

1st check:
    I have added the license file to the project in the way you suggested. I also tried copying the license file over to the project folder and then "Add Existing Item". Both methods give the build error as shown in the original post.

2nd check:
    The "license.licx" "Build Action" is set to "Embedded Resource" as you suggest (and has been all along).

I have read through other license related errors posted on the forum and issues addressed in the RAB manual but I can't see anything relating to this problem.

I have found a similar error on the Microsoft Support website. I don't know if I have 32bit or 64bit OS though...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913961

Any help appreciated,
    Neil

• Hi Neil,

One reason for the error could be that the ABB.Robotics.Controllers.dll that you reference in your project does not belong to the PC SDK but to the FP SDK.

Right-click the reference in the Solution Explorer and select Properties. Check that the reference path is C:Program FilesABB Industrial ITRobotics ITRobot Application BuilderPC SDK.

(If you want to you can download RAB 5.10, which does not have any licensing check.)

Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden