RobotStudio event

System from Layout Feature

Options

I've created a Robot using the Mechanism utility in RobotStudio.  The Robot is a 4 axis gantry (xyz + rotation for head).  Now I'm trying to add a controller using the "Create System from Layout" feature.  During the process I am presented with the following message:

"No media (ktx or cfg file) is available for this library, select 'OK' to locate media for this library"

Until I provide this file I am unable to proceed.  If it would help I could email you my rs station file.

Thanks,

Bill

billv2007-12-6 22:35:36

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi Bill,

The "Create system from layout" feature supports some standard configurations of positioners and tracks. It seems that you need a additional mediapool to support your particular configuration. When you have that you can create the system (from scratch or from backup), start it, and point out your mechanism

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Thanks Henrik,  I was able to get this working by installing the 'standalone controller' option on my RobotStudio disc.  After installing that, using the System Builder I was able to configure the controller to work with my Gantry mechanism.