RobotStudio event

Interlink access across sub domains [WebWare Server]

Options

Need a data collector to connect to a IRC5 robot on a different sub net... 

example
If the subnet that my data collector(PC) is on is
aaa.bbb.ccc.### and I need to connect to a robot on aaa.bbb.fff.###, interlink will NOT connect... it'll try forever, but it won't succeed.  I have no problem getting to any control on aaa.bbb.ccc.###

RSO conects, Why not Interlink??
Currently I CAN connect with RSO to other sub nets... but I do need to specify the IP address in RSO because RSO will not automatically scan other sub nets.... none-the-less, I can connect to them with the extra step... in RSO... so I know they(the controls) are working and connecting.
BUT, I can NOT do this with interlink...why?... or better yet HOW... do I connect with controllers on other sub nets using interllink/webwareserver datacollectors?

..notes
1.)I am running the DataCollector on the same PC as webware server 
2.) I have WW 4.7 with sp1 installed
3.) Currenlty connected to 2 robots, have licenses for upto 4.
4.) firewall is disabled
5.) Everything about webware functions properly aside from this sub net issue. (backups, status..etc)

Help.

Mike Kegley

Comments

• Tedenljung
    Options
    This is my setup and it works but some times Interlink and robot disconnects, and don't reconnect itself.

I have upgraded from 4.6 to 4.8 and the issue is noticed in both versions.

WW, DC and SQL is on same server, but right now I have one DC on each IRC5 to help ABB to figure out why interlink disconnects.

The network is setup like this!
    WW-Server: xxx.xx.72.40
    Robot 1, S4Cplus: xxx.xx.73.50
    Robot 2, IRC5: xxx.xx.74.13
    Robot 3, IRC5: xx.xx.74.41
    The subnet mask is set to 255.255.252.0 to make addresses to work together. 

Hopes this is helps you in some way, at least you know my setup!