RobotStudio event

How to remove Guard Stop state

Options

I have programmed all positions and motions in Layout mode and everything is playing just fine. But when I tried to execute the program from the Programming mode or the Flexpendant I got the Event Message 20074 saying that The command is not allowed in Guard Stop state. At that time the program pointer is on a MoveL Offs(Target_10,0,0,25), v7000,v0, .... line.

1. Can someone explain the Guard stop state to me and how to remove it in RobotStudio 5.09?
  2. I would also like to know if the cycle time calculated in the Programming mode is more accurate than the one calculated in the Layout?
  3. Finally, I would like to know if it is normal that there is an exclamation point '!' aside the MoveL Offs() in the Elements browser? If not, how can I remove it?

Thanks you very much, Merci beaucoup!

Jerome

Comments

• Anders S
    Options

Hi Jerome,
    Here are answers on your questions:
    1. When the system is in "Guard Stop state" the system probably is in manual mode (the controller status window in the right lower corner is yellow) and motor off. To execute a program in Programming mode the system has to be in auto mode (controller status window = green) and motor on. To set the system in auto mode and motor on you can use the "Control Panel". To open the "Control Panel" right click on the system in the program browser, and select Control Panel in the context menu.
    2.The accuracy of the cycle time is the same in layout and program mode. The important thing is that you have selected "Time Slice" in the Virtual Time settings (Tools-Options-Virtual Time) if you use logical conditions in your program.
    3.No that is not normal, I have never seen that. Try to delete the path (if you have synchronized it to the VC) and then synchronize it to the station again.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics