RobotStudio event

run-time display of varying rapid variabl

Options
Hi,

Could anyone help me displaying a varying(~40 Hz) sensor signal on FlexPendant. ? (RAB ver 5.09)

This is what I've done so far...
-------------------------------------------------
1) Since my sensor is connected to IRC5's COM1 (RS232), I first wrote a "background" Rapid task to open/read the COM1 port and assign to a PERS variable (let's say, mysig)

2) Next, I want build a FP SDK application to read this PERS variable (mysig) and display on an object(I use TpsLabel) on FlexPendant.

I've only made a FP application to place a TpsLabel, in which I like to display mysig variable.  After a week of reading manual, I am still stuck in this stage... image

I am newbie at RAB, so any suggestion/tip would be greatly appreciated !!!

Comments

• RussD
    Options

Use the RapidDatabindingSource object to create a connection to "mysig" then bind the value to the label's caption property. This requires no code to be written, it will be generated automatically. Here is a summary of the steps:

1. Drag a RapidDataBindingSource object to your view.

2. Add a RapidDataObject to the RapidDataList collection of the RapidDataBindingSOurce, specifying the var name, task name, and module name of mysig

3. Set the data binding property of the Tpsabel.Caaption to the Value of your RapidDataBindingSource

Russell Drown

• Dear RussD,
    I just tried and found it works ! image ==> image
    (FYI.. It was TpsLabel.text (not caption) in this RAB 5.09 version.)

Thank you very much !!

sxc862008-1-7 22:54:22