RobotStudio event

Cross talk problems between controllers

Options

I'm trying to co-ordinate three controllers using simple signals to cross talk between. My multi-move controller's work great and so do my mechanism's controlled from one single-move controller. However when I set up events within event manager for toggling controller input from controller output signals for cross talk, signals either work once, never at all or only in part.

Does anyone know how to set up a station and the controller's so cross talk is possible.......and stable?

Paul330

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi Paul,

How many signals are you using and which version are you on (including service pack)?

Kind regards,

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Paul330
    Options

I'm using build 5.09.2237.166, which i think includes SP2.

This station is still in the early design stages so im not sure how many zones i'm using and thusly how many signals i'll need, but for the moment i wouldn't say no to using about 10 signals to cross around controllers.

Many thanks.

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi Paul,

SP2 has build number 2239 and contains some stability enhancements to the Event Manager. I would recommend you to download and install RobotStudio 5.10 that has just been released. Note that there is a limit to the number of digital system signals that can be used per controller. The limit is 32.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB