RobotStudio event

Suggestion Forums

Options

Hi guys,

beeing a beta tester for games I think it would be usefull for devs to have a forum where we can give our feedbacks and suggestions for improvements of RobotStudio, like we do with games. We could come up with easy things for you to do that would make the product even better.

For example, I'd like to be able to start the System Builder right at the first screen of RobotStudio without having to create a station first. We have real robots here and I very often start a station with an existing system. Unfortunatly, I need to first open a station, any kind, from template, empty or with another existing system, just to be able to get the System Builder menu. I do not beleive that would be a huge programming change but I don't really know.

What do you think Mr devs?

Thanks image

Jet,
Janin Delorme, Ing. (P.Eng)

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi Jet,

Thank you for your feedback. Is there any particular improvement forum that you would like to point us at?

The solution with System Builder was changed in 5.08 to the current solution. Prior to 5.08 it was possible to open System Builder, or rather small variations of it, from three different locations. We feared that this was a source of user confusion and decided to only let System Builder be opened from one place. Furthermore, we decided to use the exact same GUI as in RobotStudio Online to make users recognize the GUI.

We may re-consider this solution for later releases of RobotStudio that will attempt to focus on usability.

Kind regards,

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Jetman
    Options

Hello Henrik,

What I have in mind is a specific forum to place suggestions regarding RobotStudio. It would then be easy for us (and for you) to read that specific forum to see if our suggestion is there, and if not, to add it. Now we unfortunatly have to read hundreds of Topics all inside the same RobotStudio forum to see if our suggestion is already there.

The general idea is to futur categorized the topics in a forum by creating sub-forums. In the RobotStudio 5.x forum you have many topics, they could be futur categorized into sub forums. One of this could be "Suggestions". Another important one for the devs could be "Bugs". You could have a quick feedback from the community confirming or denying each bugs that would be reported there.

Jet

Jet,
    Janin Delorme, Ing. (P.Eng)