RobotStudio event

Create wobj from frame - robot holds wobj

I have an assembly, held by the robot.  I created line segments in my CAD system (CATIA), and converted them to frames in RS.  The frames are attached to the assembly, which is attached to the robot.  Using the Convert Frame to Workobject menu pick, the coordinates automatically are converted to World.  When the workobject is modified to Robot holds workobject, the position of the workobject moves.  How can I keep the original position?  I have tried unattaching the frame, attaching it to the robot, and attaching to other parts on the assembly.  I could copy the original position and orientation of the frame, and re-enter it for the workobject, but there must be a better way?

I was able to get this to work about a year ago, but can't recreate my steps.

Jim Haglund

Comments

• Hi,

Do like this:

Detach the workobject from the assembly. Right click on the workobject and select Attach to > your robot, answer yes on the question about keep position of the workobject.

Now will the workobject be attached to the robot as a "robhold" workobject, and it has not moved from the original position.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Thanks, that did the trick.  I thought I had tried that option, but I think I attached the frame to the robot before the conversion.
    Jim Haglund