RobotStudio event

DIO Simulation

Options
In RS 5.10, if I try to modify a digital input or output from the I/O Simulator I get a message in the output window saying "failed to modify...check access rights".

The only way that I can see to manually switch DIO during testing while running the program on the VFP is to open RSOnline and from Controllers->Configuration->I/O->Signal select the signals I am using and change their access level to ALL from DEFAULT. This then requires a warm start. This seems to me to be a very time consuming process as every signal I wish to control needs to have the access level changed. So, if while running the program I need to switch a signal to a '1' and its access level is not set to ALL, then I must stop the program, request write access, change the access level and warm start, which means the PP is lost and the values of all the signals I have changed are reset. Surely there must be a better way?

Comments

• Anders S
    Options

Hi,

No there is no better way. The access level has to be "ALL" on the I/O signals you want to control from RobotStudio.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics